Monday, March 5, 2012

Why I am thankful for Job’s Daughters

I am thankful for Job’s Daughters because of the many skills, virtues, and blessings it has given me.  These lessons that I learned through our Order have helped make me the young woman I am today.



Some of the material skills that Job’s Daughters has given me include the ability to record minutes at meetings, use a gavel, speak in public, and run a smooth, effective meeting.  All of these skills will be helpful for me when I have a professional job later in life.



Job’s Daughters has taught me the hard lessons of patience, faith, and reward.  Patience is a virtue that few fully possess but many want.  I must admit that I still have not mastered the art of patience.  However, Jobies has showed me the importance of being thoughtful before I speak and I will continue to strive for patience throughout my life.  My faith in God has also been strengthened through my study of Job’s life.  I will never cease to be amazed by God’s power, wisdom, and mercy.  Finally, the reward – this is a very valuable lesson to learn before you become an adult.  As much as we would like it to be otherwise, any reward we get in life must be earned.  This truth can seem unfair and frustrating, but it can also be very gratifying.  A reward that you earned and wasn’t just handed to you is truly satisfying.



Job’s Daughters has also taught me how to be a true leader.  What does being a true leader mean?  It means that you can do more than learn your ritual work and run a meeting.  A true leader puts the needs of her Jobie sisters before her own; she serves them instead of putting herself in the spotlight; she listens to their concerns and opinions and supports them.  How much authority and power you have doesn’t matter unless you use it to serve others.  A great leader has a servant’s heart.



Last but definitely not least, Jobies has given me all of my wonderful, supportive Jobie sisters.  You are the reason why this Order exists and you are the most important reason why I have loved and supported this organization for the last seven years and will continue to support it the rest of my life.



With Jobie love and gratitude,

~Brianna Hall, Past Honored Queen #47

2 comments:

  1. i truly love this! It shows how passionate you are and your writing definitely shows it. Will be reading more and looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you found something like Job's Daughters and have learned so much for it. I especially like when you said the a true leader should have a servant's heart.

    ReplyDelete